Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summertime, When the Living is Easy (and sometimes free!)

I love summer on several levels. First, my carpool duties are significantly less. Which I guess I can count as frugal since I save on gas costs. Better yet are the benefits to the food budget when some of my more industrious friends share the surplus from their gardens. I usually stay pretty well stocked with tomatoes and cucumbers and the like without having to break out my wallet. They taste better than the grocery store variety, too.

I also have more time to hit the Farmers' Market for local produce and vegetables, which puts it into the healthy living category as well. 

Now, if I would just learn how to can like my grandmother used to do it, I would be even better off.

Penny (who is doubling as Porky today, too)

No comments:

Post a Comment